Click here for MoM of the National Facilitators Meet
- Process standardization and role clarity for everyone – Media wiki
- Gathering and brainstorming – Kanini Fun day
- Roles and opportunities across levels focusing people management – reduced our attrition
LE Maths & Science
- Decentralizing & delegating work: National level, city level and center level focusing on volunteer engagement/retention
- Lead LE: A platform to identify next set of leaders
- Math carnival & Science exhibition: Fun way of engaging & assessing kids
- Supermarkets, workshops and field trips for engaging kids
- Selection Procedure For Batch Heads
- Center Preference Form
- Pre-training needs data collection
- Well defined plan and review through structured reporting
- Continuous improvements and trying new things
- Successful volunteer engagement activities
SHORT TERM PLANS
- Conducting regular training sessions for volunteers to deliver the syllabus in a better way
- Regular visits by project / zonal coordinators to the centres
- Creating a National Assessment repository
- Effective utilization of Pre-assessment summation for final growth estimation
- Launching Kanini’s newsletter by the PR team
- Better Computer Quest –Workshops during computer quest with better prizes for our kids. 9th Feb prelims and 23rd Feb finals (tentative dates) for all cities
- Feedback system: Work under progress –> In-charge- S&T team, Deadline: March 2014
- Mentor-mentee group to be initiated in Chennai: Plan pushed to next year -> Background work will be done by Nalini this year
- Cross city interaction: Once a month con-call, whatsapp group, Role specific National Level interaction via e-Mail[S&T, Resource], Lead-LE planning.
- Concrete syllabus – Priority lessons for 5, 6 and 7th std have been finalized. First draft of 6th standard is almost over. Deadline raised for completion – March, 2014.
- To assemble a team of volunteers to work on live models and experiments to achieve the goal of inculcating observational and experimental skills in kids – Science exhibition team is working on it
- To come up with an assessment system that would help us assess kids accurately
- Working out with the centers to improve upon/solve the concerns rose during the SO workshop.
- Improve on the interaction among the co volunteers at the center level.
- Channelizing the resource supply chain (esp. Syllabus material)
- Kick Starting the Portable libraries.
- Revisiting target age group and Identification of new centres
- Establishing “After care” program at BM (follow-up children post they leave home)
- Training for volunteers on Group Activities
Nakshatra Reach Out
- Execution of a three month plan and conduct competition among homes at the end
- Refine the volunteers selection and engagement process
- Ensure proper documentation and volunteer feedback for all the activities
- Organize field trips to increase exposure
LONG TERM PLANS
- Pilot Certification this year with 6 centers of 3 cities
- Next level of syllabus –added chapters (internet usage and Security) and started teaching it. Next level also refers to teaching after office package, which is still being discussed
- Syllabus work: To be revamped at National level à Current S&T team along with the Lead LE applicants will be driving it.
- Training: We have planned to increase training timings from 2 hours to one day. Also we have planned to collect what the volunteers expect out of the training before hand.
- Assessment: To develop a more standard scalable assessment
- To have a sustainable model of Science education, which will help the kids perform academically as well as inculcate skills such as observation, experimentation etc.
- Expand to one more city by AY 2014
- To send out our students to Science exhibitions and competitions across the city wherein they would get more exposure and will gain confidence in the process
- Improving/increasing the involvement of the center authorities in the project.
- Creating effective platforms for the volunteers to interact across the centers.
- Establishing the libraries and streamlining the process for the same.
- Effective data sharing platforms (Wikimedia)
- Expanding to more chapters / centres thereby reaching out to more children
- Evolving curriculum / framework for Life skills, mentoring, tutoring & career guidance
- Better engagement and utilisation of volunteers & their capabilities
Nakshatra Reach Out
- Expand to more than 5 centres in Chennai
- Develop and integrate effective syllabus and facilitate effective training for volunteers
- Identify opportunities for children to compete at various competitions