Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship Program 2013-15
The Fellowship is an opportunity for you to explore various dimensions of education, and to discover if this is your calling. It is a 2-year full-time program, where you will get to understand and experience the realities of rural Government schools.
This rigorous 2 year program comprises of:
- 5 weeks classroom module to strengthen conceptual understanding of education and development issues
- 22 months of intense field engagement at the grass roots level in the District Institutes of the Foundation.
- Working on a live project that has significant purpose of improving quality at practice level.
You should have 2 to 6 years of work experience, with a post-graduate or a professional degree in any discipline. We welcome people from a variety of backgrounds. What is important is your willingness to explore the social sector and the desire to contribute.
The Fellowship carries a monthly stipend of Rs. 26,000.
During the period of Fellowship you will be based in some of the most underdeveloped districts of India. The districts to which you will be assigned include :
- Rajasthan – Sirohi, Barmer, and Tonk
- Chhattisgarh – Dhamtari
- Uttarakhand – Uttarkashi, Kumaon Districts and Udham Singh Nagar
- Karnataka – North East Karnataka and Mandya