Category: Support Review Meetings

Ignite NSTs Forum – MOM [29/4/2018]

Ignite NSTs Forum – MOM [29/4/2018]

MOM-NST Meeting-29th April 2018

Venue: Bhumi office

Time: 02:00 PM – 05.00 PM

Attendees: Gokul, Ranjith, Gana, Murali, Arun, Wahab, Doc, Akshay, Arshath ,Ganesh and Shilpa

Agenda 1

It was opened by Arun with positive gathering and moments of celebration

Lakshya:

  • It was a progressive week
  •  Social project was started in two community centers with a strength of 30 children.
  •  Response from the children was appreciable.

Kanini:

  • The second AVM was held and discussion was held on improvement of content and impact
  • Scratch workshop was started in Bangalore and Chennai

LEM:

  • Content improvising was initiated by Arun and Satheesh

Content evolution document discussion will be held.

Agenda 2

Arun did a follow-up on the previous MOM

  1.  Lakshya Project Expansion plan by Akshay/Sriram [30-04-2018]
  2.  Centre Identification status- Report updated by Joshua  [30-04-2018]
  3.  Ignite Centre database was shared by Joshua [30-04-2018]
  4.  Status of EYR reports for Bangalore/Chennai was shared by Joshua; Chennai data to be shared by Wahab; Chennai CST had attended a meeting with Wahab and the report will handed over next week
  5.  Fulcrum outcome report by Akshay to be reviewed by BST next week and published [06-05-2018]
  6.  AK to share the outcome to the NST by tonight
  7.  The outcomes to be discussed in project content meeting.

Agenda 3

ELDP & LB Updates by Arshath/Ganesh

Lead Bhumi:

  • LB team will require the support of NST to encourage the LB applicants of their respective projects to complete the PSR tasks
  •  Most of the applicants have requested but very few have completed the task
  • LB application is open throughout. The process will remain for anyone who applies. Instead of group task, one more PSR activity will be given

Beacon+ dates:

  1.  Kolkatta-12 and 13 may
  2. Pune – 26 and 27 may
  3. Bangalore-12 and 13 may
  4. Chennai – 19 and 20th may
  5. NST will encourage the applicants to complete the task and plan for Beacon+
  6. LB support team will connect with CST and gather feedback
  7. Review should be done for all completed applicant by LB support team
  8.  If an applicant is waitlisted/rejected, a grooming process can be planned.
  9. Announcing the results to applicants after LB review process [LB team]
  10.  Satheesh to give a demonstration of LB review process in NST group
  11. Project wise status will be shared by Ganesh about PSR

ELDP Updates

  •  ELDP team will make sure the NST will attend next meeting
  •  Final list of ELDP was shared with their scopes and responsibilities
  •  NST and CST responsibilities have been shared. RST will be a part of NST
  •  Feedback of ELDP was shared as well
  •  Grooming plans were also shared
  • Quarterly recognition will be done
  • Certificate will be provided for successfully fulfilling the ELDP programme as per expectations
  • Project vision started during beacon will be shared with the applicants
  • Project which doesn’t have NST or POC can be selected after conducting an interview
  • Process date will be decided by ELDP

Agenda 4

Annual Feedback Status was presented by Ganesh

  • Total feedback received was 359
  • All cities are progressing well, except Chennai
  • Ganesh will be sharing the chennai specific data with CST, with concerned people in loop
  • A discussion to be held with CST and project lead
  • Name, email and mobile number to be removed as required fields
  • Tracking of clicks and forms filled based on file
  •  Another bitly link will be created for Chennai
  •  Follow up of the feedback on completion before the start of academic year
  •  City wise/project specific feedback can be shared and follow up plan will be done post Beacon+
  •  Project wise feedback will be shared by 05/05/2018
  • Consolidated feedback report will be shared once 500 feedbacks are received, probably by mid of May

Agenda 5

Volunteer Retention to be presented by Sai KP

  • Agenda Point carry forwarded to next NST meeting

Agenda 6

Promotion status and plan for the upcoming year by Sai KP

  • Agenda Point carry forwarded to next NST meeting

Agenda 7

LEM & SPO Class Trend by Gokul/Arshath

  • NST’s/IA’s to be shared the class trends for their respective projects by next NST meet

Agenda 8

Annual project planning / meeting schedule by Murali

  • Start having meeting regarding project planning by mid of May
  • Visioning has already been initiated.
  • Final project plan presentation will be shared by last week of May

Agenda 9

Pedagogy training update presented by Arun

  •  Identifying the trainers by end of May
  • Trainer identification form will be shared by today
  •  Ganesh to come up with an action plan for orientation by Tuesday
  • Trainer mentor should be aligned with CST.
  • Discussion will be held on the structure and planing will be done

Agenda 10

Project Induction and ongoing content support strategy by Murali

  • NST to come up with project induction strategy and content for review to Murali
  • Murali to draft a template of induction checklist to circulated to NST
  • Review meet will consist of one from curriculum team , one from BST , and one volunteer by end of May
  • Presentation will be shared by second weekend of May.

Agenda 11

TFI workshop takeaways by Arun

  • Takeaways attached herewith
MoM – All Projects Review Meeting – March 2013

MoM – All Projects Review Meeting – March 2013

– Centre wise review of all projects

– Orientation dates for all cities to be made available on the website’s homepage

– Kanini:to print ‘sight words’ chart for all centres

– Speak Out: to explore syllabus improvement

– NRO: Arts is ready for expanded pilot, Sports needs better structure, Dance volunteers need more practice and training

– LE: CAS centre suitable for trial of Educational Initiatives Software; needs to make training more interesting for the volunteers; needs to plan for kit usage in the second year (and analyse the integration of ‘samacheer’ syllabus

– HR: First class for new volunteers should be a good experience

– HR: Balance between students & professional volunteers during recruitment

– HR: Volunteer orientation Mela during May to complete recruitment needs before June

Attended by: Chandni, Ganapathy, Harikumar, Kathambari, Sriram, Aparna, Bhargav, Bhooma, Gurunath, Prahalathan & Vaishnavi
Date: 16/03/13 Saturday @ Bhumi Office
MoM – Kanini Review Meet – Oct 2012 (28/10/12)

MoM – Kanini Review Meet – Oct 2012 (28/10/12)

Agenda Discussed
  • Major problems in Zones
  • Syllabus coverage: NIIT and MS tests
  • Teams: HR & Tech
  • Plans for next year: yours and for your zone
  • Succession plan, future leaders in your zone
  • Responsibilities to other cities
  1. Centre updates in GDocs
  2. No centre had Tech related issues!
  3. HR Team + Vaishnavi to focus on filling the gaps in Kanini volunteer requirement by re-imagining process
  4. HR: Increase volunteer bonding
  5. Kathambari + Vaishnavi to re-work Kanini at Orientation
  6. Kathambari + Syllabus team to provide solution for centres that aren’t likely to complete syllabus this year
  7. Gopal to restrict children at Home of Hope
  8. Chitlapakkam centre to be started only in 2013
Feedack given by Bhargav on Kanini:
  • Lack of processes
  • Lack of succession planning or grooming of leadership

Attended by: Kathambari, Jaishri, Gopalakrishnan, Bhargav & Dr.Prahalathan

3-5.30 PM @ Bhumi office on 28/10/12

MoM – Speak Out Review Meet – Nov 2012 (18/11/12)

MoM – Speak Out Review Meet – Nov 2012 (18/11/12)

Centre issues
  • Ramakrishna Home (Akshya): Not enough class rooms > Bhargav to speak to management
  • Dr.PV Rao School (Ashwin): Two children joined mid-year; classes happening on the ground but vols have no issues; 1 centre Coordinator – 4 Batch Coordinator system to be properly implemented.
  • SISTWA (Aditya): 7/16 classes have been cancelled on Saturdays; 9-11 or 10-12 implement common time after discussing with Gopi
  • BM (Sathya): Children are also going to Kanini classes?!?!
  • YMCA (Raghavi): Place is still water logged leading to some difficulty; Bible classes and parents meets causing some difficulty towards conduct of classes
  • Seva Chakra (Nikita): Need a bureau to store stuff > Sriram; Donor visits are allowed to disturb classes
  • ICCW (Pritham): Needs male volunteers; PTA meet interfering with classes on 1st Sunday of every month
HR
  • All centres have only 60-70% volunteer attendance on most days
  • Chronic errant volunteers to be made to quit
  • All volunteers to have access to their credit score and those who are unwilling to raise the score maybe asked to discontinue teaching
  • Speak Out has added only 50 volunteers from 486 people who walked in to the last 6 orientations. 110 volunteers selected SPO but 60 did not make it past the screening. so more orientations are needed.
  • Old volunteers continuing next year to go through commitment checks
  • Video of Mock teaching round to be circulated to volunteers post next orientation
Operations
  • All centres to submit reports after current round of tests to Hari and to respective centre managements
  • Log sheets not being updated on time (Vaish to follow up regularly)
Others
  • Sajida & Bhooma trying out Phonics for one batch of children at RKH. They will explore this further with Genki & Vidyarambam
  • Need for ERP discussed > Credit scores to be publicised instead for now
  • Do children need to be informed prior about assessments?
  • Do we have to connect with teachers who teach our children English?
  • Project not in a position to expand further next year
  • Potential leadership for the next year remains to be identified.
Attended by: Harikumar, Vinod S, Zeba, Jegan, Pritham, Raghavi, Nithya, Nikita, Sajida, Aaditya, Ashwin L, Prahalathan & Vaishnavi
Date: 18/11/12 Sunday, Bhumi Office @ 4pm
MoM – Nakshatra Reach Out Review Meeting – November 2012 (11/11/12)

MoM – Nakshatra Reach Out Review Meeting – November 2012 (11/11/12)

Centre updates

  • MSS: Arts 16 children, no volunteer requirement
  • ICCW: Sports & Dance; Maximum 31 children including some special children. Minimum volunteer requirement: Sports: 4 | Dance: 4
  • St.Xavier’s: Classes only once a week because of change of management: Arts, Sports and Dance planned from this week. Minimum volunteer requirement: Sports: 4 | Dance: 8 | Sports: 4
Various Aspects of NRO 2012
  • Dance – Classical
  • Dance – Western
  • Music
  • Sports – Volleyball / Throw Ball
  • Sports – Athletics
  • Sports – Kho Kho (Only at St.Xaviers, not to be started at any new centre)
  • Sports – Chess
  • Arts
Coordinators
  • Arts: Chandni & Keerthana
  • Sports: Raj Thilak & Chanesh
  • Dance: Nirmala
RED FLAGS
  • HR: Volunteer requirement is severely affecting project and succession planning
  • Syllabus: NRO team, Volunteering Coordinators, Support team will all try to improve the syllabus
  • Orientation: Presentation needs a makeover with points from the team
Meeting 4-530 PM @ Bhumi Office
Attended by: Chandni, Prakash, Nirmala, Bhargav, Prahalathan, Vaishnavi, Sriram & Baish